About

Welcome to my blog!  I am a teacher in rural Saskatchewan, Canada.  In my career, I have also taught in British Columbia and Alberta, at every level from kindergarten to grade 9.  I recently completed inclusive education classes at the University of Regina, in order to be qualified as a special education teacher. I am currently a learning supports teacher for middle years, and I also teach middle years social studies.

I have a wonderful, supportive husband and three fabulous kids.  It’s a constant balancing act to not let teaching consume me so that I miss time with them.

George Couros’ book, The Innovator’s Mindset, and his tweets have encouraged me to take the “leap” into using a blog to reflect on my work as an educator.  Look out though – I have a passion for world war history and genealogy, and those topics may show up here, too.

Disclaimer:  My views and comments do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.  As ideas are always evolving and knowledge is always growing, my earlier blog posts may not necessarily reflect my current views and ideas, either!